After 3 weeks on the voodoo doll diet, things are rolling smoothly along. I still have no idea what makes my blood sugar spike and dip (eating a huge chocolate chip cookie resulted in low blood sugar, while a Gyro sandwich sent me nearly off the charts), but I'm playing the game and poking myself every 5 hours or so!
This week, I had my first visit to the doctor since the start of the diet. She's happy with my blood sugar levels, which means no meds for me right now - yippee! Of course, the diabetes also means weekly visits to the doctor and more testing for me. The up side to all of this, however, is that I get more sonograms out of the deal! So, on Jan 20 we got to see BA again...and this time we found out that our kid is already earning As!
After getting to see those adorable feet and a more squished up profile (real estate is shrinking in there!), we were told that BA is an over achiever. That's right - we're in the 91%ile for fetus size. Way to go, kiddo - that's an A! Most kids weigh around 3 1/2 pounds at 31 weeks. Our kid weighed in at 4 pounds 6 ounces. Needless to say, my doctor won't let me go past my due date!!!
So...with that in mind, please don't buy us any newborn size clothing or diapers! It looks like we may be moving from uterus directly into 3-6 month clothes!

No comments:
Post a Comment