Sunday, June 5, 2011

10 Weeks Old

May 30 - June 5

On Monday night, Sarah and I had a little scare.  As I was nursing her at 3 am, a loud scratching and some gnawing sounds started coming from the wall that runs alongside her crib.  Needless to say, I ran and woke up Tom who, after listening to this animal move around for a few minutes, logically said, "I don't know what to do about this" and went back to bed.  Being the less logical one in the marriage, I took my daughter down to the family room to sleep for fear that some rabid raccoon would soon be gnawing his way through the drywall into Sarah's nursery. (This did not happen, so you can breathe again if you've been holding your breath!)

On Wednesday, the pest control guy came and investigated the noise.  He looked all along the roof line that runs along the wall of Sarah's room, stomped around on the roof, and checked out our attic and crawl spaces.  He found no evidence of any animals living with us, but he did find owl pellets and the remains of an owl's dinner on our roof!  Looks like my rabid raccoon was really just an owl who picked our roof as his dinner spot for the night!!!


Other big events in Sarah's life this week included holding onto a toy (Sophie the Giraffe) for the first time, sucking her fists A LOT, and putting a toy (Chanpiegnon - Sophie's mushroomie cousin) in her mouth for the first time.


Sarah also "discovered" her mobile this week and has spent many happy moments shrieking with glee as it spins and then screaming in disappointment when it stops...
 

She's sitting up tall in her Bumbo seat - which helps her look at her feet!  This is fun because, this week, Sarah has discovered that those silly things are actually connected to her body.  


Sarah's other big milestones this week are rolling onto her side and her incredible ability to use her legs to push herself backwards across the floor while laying on her back! I think she may have rug burn on the back of her head from all the scooting she's done this week!  So much for laying her on the floor for a couple minutes while I change out a load of laundry...


She's also looking lots bigger in that crib!


No comments:

Post a Comment