March 5 - March 11
My poor little monkey started the week at the doctor's office - AGAIN. She still has an ear infection in her right ear, and now she has tonsillitis as well. Luckily, she's now on stronger antibiotics, so we're hoping that this is the last week she'll be sick for a while!
Even with the ear infection, look how cute she was during her weekly photo shoot!
Sarah spent Monday and Tuesday at home with Daddy (who continues to be sick as well!). This gave her time to play with a new toy! I bought her a chair with little side table - it reads a book aloud and plays music and gives her a nice, Sarah-sized place to sit and sing along!
Here she is practicing her dance moves...
And here she is bouncing along to the music!
When she got tired of singing and dancing (but certainly not SITTING), she showed off her ninja-like ability to hide between the wall and the bookcase in our front hall:
She can't see you, so you must not be able to see her! This is also how she plays hide-and-seek. She hides her head against the side of the ottoman, then peeks up when we say, "Where's Sarah?" It's so cute!
"There she is! I found her!" (You have to point at her when you say this or she doesn't buy it!)
Here she is, just lounging around with a book, hoping Daddy will read it to her!
By Tuesday afternoon, she was feeling better. It worked out well, because it was about 70 degrees on Tuesday! We went for a walk and then checked out the flowers blooming in the backyard. She was more interested in eating them than smelling them, but she'll learn!
She also got some quality time in her swing, which she really seems to enjoy!
Sarah has also enjoyed her ability to walk on the deck - something that Pickle finds a little bothersome, and something that Grandpa Jeff helped us remedy on Sunday by putting lattice across the tops of the deck stairs!
I guess all that fresh air really wore her out, because she slept HARD Tuesday night! When I went in to wake her up Wednesday morning, she kept right on sleeping. Luckily, I had been waiting for a chance like this to get a picture or two of how she sleeps - on her tummy, wedged into a corner with her butt in the air!
On Thursday, I tried to get a picture of her in her Irish garb to send out for St. Patrick's Day. Spoiler alert - here are the pictures! She was so mad about it and they turned out so funny that I can't NOT share them!
On Friday, Sarah's daycare celebrated St. Patrick's Day (they're closed next week for Spring Break). I let her model the dress I made her with rainbow leggings - which I thought was really theme-appropriate!
I also let her try her hand at coloring. Our monthly Parents As Teachers visit was on Wednesday, and Sarah passed her one-year test with flying colors - except in the area of problem solving! She didn't try to pick Cheerios out of a clear bottle (she just shook the bottle and got them out that way) and she didn't try to scribble with a pencil (she just stuck it in her mouth). I felt bad because I've never had her try to color before, so I strapped her in her highchair and let her go to town! You can see how smoothly that went:
After that, I let her spend some time doing her favorite activity - carrying Daddy's shoes!
At least she delivers the shoes to Daddy! Most other things she carts around are just abandoned in random places. This week, Tom found the TV remote inside Sarah's toy basket. She also carried her bottle of baby shampoo from the bathroom into our guest bedroom and left it at the foot of the bed. On Sunday morning, Sarah opened the cabinet, removed a Costco-sized roll of parchment paper, and carried it through our dining room, living room, and front hall to play with at on the bottom step!
The other fun thing she did on Sunday was to wear the last of the baby clothes my mom had saved from when I was a baby. I don't have any pictures of me in this outfit, but you can tell by the vintage appeal of it that it's straight out of the 1970s!
I'm going to have to decide which of Sarah's outfits I want to save for her to dress her own kids in someday! That's kind of a huge decision when you stop and think about it! Think MY old outfits will make it through to another generation???




No comments:
Post a Comment