Today was Uncle Adam's birthday, and he requested Krispy Kreme ice cream for his special day. Lucky for Sarah, that meant a trip to get doughnuts! She loved watching the doughnuts come through the assembly line. The hat was a nice bonus, too!!!
Oh! And did I mention that she got doughnuts out of the deal, too???
And for those of you wondering how the ice cream was, it was really quite delicious! Very rich and very sweet, though. Try it - it's good!
Krispy Kreme Ice Cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts
(I also added a shake or two of cinnamon)
Add vanilla to heavy cream and whip to stiff peaks in large bowl. Chop Krispy Kreme doughnuts into small pieces. (I cut up the doughnuts, let them dry for about 4 hours, and then used a food processor to chop them up.) Stir into sweetened condensed milk. Fold in whipped cream.
Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.
I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the ice cream. I got one of the cake, though! (We celebrated my birthday today, too.)
Adam and Megan brought me some beautiful flowers.
And Grandpa made Sarah a paper hat! Everyone was happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment