Monday, August 20, 2012

A Sad and Beautiful Weekend

This weekend was beautiful.  I mean, BEAUTIFUL - a sunny days with highs in the upper 70s, puffy white clouds in the sky, wish you could keep it forever kind of beautiful.  

It was also a sad weekend for us.  Our family friend and perpetual Santa, Mike Peterson, passed away unexpectedly.  Mike was a man who I remember being at every single Pawnee School Carnival (where they probably had to remind him that the Moon Walk wasn't for adults).  He was a man who carried in my wedding cake as well as the cake for my daughter's 1st birthday.  He was a man who moved into a new house because higher ceilings meant he could get a bigger Christmas tree (and his trees were seriously huge!).  He was friendly and kind and funny and the biggest kid you could possibly imagine.  I'm so sad that my daughter will never get to know him, and my heart aches for his family.

I spent a lot of time this weekend loving on my baby, whose hugs and smiles are the best way to fill my heart...


  





Sarah also got to spend lots of time outside this weekend!  I took her on a long walk along the Mill Creek Streamway, and Tom took her to Hidden Woods Park.  She also really enjoyed some time in the backyard with the dog... 






No comments:

Post a Comment