Today we went back to the zoo. That's right - Sarah and I went to the zoo two days in a row. When the girl gets up at 6:15 and is standing at the door wearing shoes and handing you the diaper bag by 7:30, you have to do SOMETHING. So I put her in the car and we did the part of the zoo we had skipped yesterday! She also rode on the carousel again. Three times, to be exact. And it would have been more if I hadn't gotten dizzy from all those circles! Luckily, we had another great day at the zoo with few guests and lots of close encounters with the animals. Not a bad way to spend my last free day with my daughter before school starts again!
Who needs a stroller?!
Sarah also discovered that there were monkeys on the trashcans. I think she touched all of the trashcans we passed. Eww.
At least she got to see live animals on our trip!
Well, not all of them were live. But she still had fun!
The crocodile had a bowling pin and a purple Jack-o-lantern, but Sarah had all the goldfish...
The highlight of the day (at least for me!) was the close encounter we had with the giraffes! They usually hang out on the far side of their pen, but today they were right up next to the walkway. There's also a small cafe there, so Sarah got to climb on tables AND see giraffes - what a day!
(And no, I didn't take her on the Sky Safari featured in this picture. Anything made from a refurbished ski lift that crosses over wild animals is off limits for me!)
Sarah also got up close and personal with the lions. I think the trick is to get to the zoo early when the animals have all eaten their breakfasts and are napping!
We headed home after one last ride on the carousel so Sarah could have a nap of her own. I'm so lucky that I get to spend my summers with my daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment