Sunday, November 4, 2012

Quilts

I love to sew, so this summer I caved into the requests my friend, Jaime, kept making and took a quilting class she was offering.  I love sewing, I love Jaime, but I do NOT love quilting!  Sewing a straight line, pressing a straight line AND doing math...repeatedly?!?  No, thank you!  Regardless of the process, however, I think my little quilt turned out quite nicely.  And Sarah loves sitting on it to watch TV!  Yea, me!

Here's the finished product before it was covered in dog hair, spilled milk, and day-old hot dogs:


Here's the quilt in use!

    

Having discovered my love for quilting, I farmed out the creation of another quilt.  I had all of the fabric I used as backgrounds for the weekly photos I took during Sarah's first year, and I wanted to make them into a keepsake quilt that she could keep as she grows up.  I knew I was not the person to take on that task, but luckily, my friend Jennifer's mom is a master quilter and whipped up this beauty in a weekend!  I will never, ever have that skill...


It's neat to look at each little triangle and picture how my baby looked laying on that fabric.  If my original intent had been a quilt and not just cheap photo backgrounds I might have chosen my fabric differently, but I love how the whole thing turned out in the end!


No comments:

Post a Comment