Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sugar and Snow

We received an early and unexpected Christmas present on Thursday when blustery winds and blowing snow caused school (and daycare!) to be cancelled.  It was the first time that Sarah was able to go outside to play in snow, and she wanted NOTHING to do with it!  From inside the house, that snow looked delightful.  Stepping foot out of the door and into the snow, however, was a different story!  I got her out of the house for a brief moment, but there were lots of tears and enough screaming to make me think the neighbors would be calling social services on me.  Needless to say, we didn't stay out long!
 
 
 
If Sarah didn't like the snow, Pickle thought the opposite!  She loves the snow and had a blast nosing through the powder and eating the snow off our deck.
 
 
Cuddling on the sofa with a cup of milk and Dora on the TV was a little more Sarah's speed!
 
 
I took advantage of an extra day at home to make some sugar cookies for Christmas.  I just love to eat sugar cookies (but I really, really hate to make them!).  Luckily, Sarah was there to help this time!  I spent most of my time trying to explain that the cookie dough wasn't play dough and then re-rolling the dough to "try again," but it was all a lot of fun...
 


 
 
Isn't this idyllic, though? 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment