Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Park!

This was a big Saturday for Sarah!  The morning started with the arrival of Grammie and Pa-Pa, who were at our house to babysit/help move furniture.  Grammie immediately began playing with Sarah, which helped distract her while Daddy, Pa-Pa and I started moving stuff around!

First, we moved the king bed out of our second bedroom and into our living room, where it stayed until being moved to Grammie and Pa-Pa's house later in the day.  In the meantime, Sarah took full advantage of the mattress leaning against our sofa by climbing to the top of it and then sliding back down.  I SO wish I had taken a picture of her doing this, but I left while she was on her third ascent.  Why would I leave such an amazing performance, you ask?  Oh, I don't know.  Maybe to go get her some BIG GIRL FURNITURE?!  That's right.  I scored a sweet bedroom set off craigslist for $200!  It's kind of  totally ugly now, but it's going to be adorable once I sand and paint it...I just know it!

Here's what the dresser mirror looks like all taped and ready to be painted.  Imagine an entire bedroom set with these beautiful flower details:


***UPDATE*** I also scored this huge pink beast on craigslist!  Won't it be cute when I paint it white and it doesn't hurt your eyes to look directly at it?!


Step two of the big move involved putting the new furniture upstairs at our house and then moving the bed over to Grammie and Pa-Pa's house.  This dovetailed beautifully into step three of the move - dismantling the unused swing set in the backyard of Grammie and Pa-Pa's neighbors to move to our backyard for Sarah! (Don't worry - we had permission to do this!)  One more trip back to our house, and the moving was complete.  Swing set is a go, and Sarah loves it!  She calls it "My Park" and points to it every time she passes the kitchen windows...




Of course, she still loves to run through the backyard!


And who doesn't love the kitchen in her playhouse?



This little green ball is fun...


...but the big green ball is MORE fun!


We finished out the day by making rice krispie treats with sprinkles - it was a really, really good day for Sarah!





No comments:

Post a Comment