When Sarah got up this morning, I held her tight and whispered in her ear, "Today is your special day, baby. It's your birthday!" Sarah leaned back, looked at me and said, "Hat?" So we put on her special birthday hat. She then looked at me with a pained but patient expression on her little face and said, "Cake?" in a manner which really said, "Come on, dummy! It goes birthday, hat, cake. Get it together." Since it was 7 am, I compromised by putting a candle on the pink muffins she had picked for her birthday breakfast!
Yummy strawberry muffins!
After breakfast, Sarah got dressed in her special birthday shirt.
Then we made cupcakes! As Sarah would say, "Yummy in my tummy!!!"
Sarah picked out these super sweet fairies to decorate her cupcakes with. They were so precious!
Since it WAS her birthday, I let her eat a cupcake early. Sarah and I are going to make great partners in crime as she gets older - I usually scrape all the icing off and eat just cake, and she tends to eat only the icing!
Look at this! She left the best part totally untouched (except for the place she stuck her finger all the way through the cupcake)...
Grammie, Pa-Pa, and Uncle Adam came over for dinner (Sarah requested pizza) and cupcakes. Grammie gave Sarah an early present of a puzzle, Uncle Adam gave her a birthday balloon, and then we chowed down!
Sarah had us sing "Happy Birthday" to her about 5 times, then she blew out her candle (all by herself!) and ate all the frosting off her cupcake. Seriously. She scooped it off with both hands and ate all of it!
And then she let Pickle help with the clean up. Maybe we should work on our manners!
Happy Birthday, Sarah Jane!
No comments:
Post a Comment