Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a delightful Mother's Day this year!  It started on Saturday morning when Tom took Sarah to the store with him.  I got time to clean the house without Sarah's help (which is a gift in itself!), but when they came home, Sarah ran into the house with a big bouquet of sunflowers and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!"  I am proud to say that I didn't cry, but hearing her say that certainly made me very, very happy!

The awesomeness continued on Sunday when we started our day at the zoo.  Mothers got in free, so it was a little more chaotic than our usual visits, but we still got lots of time with Nikita and Berlin, which is all that Sarah really wanted anyhow!  We also got to ride on the train and the carousel, so her day was a success!
 
 
 The polar bears were swimming and eating when we got to the zoo.  Those clever zoo keepers put the food right next to the windows, so we got to see the bears up close and personal!

    

 I love the polar bears and could have spent more time watching them nosh, but Sarah had other plans...


 ...like riding the train!

 
The tigers are always a big draw, too.



Taking time to pose with Daddy!


Then we got friendly with the animals in Australia.  Sarah even got brave enough to feed the sheep at the sheep farm this time!




 


 
It was getting very crowded at the zoo (moms get in free on Mother's Day), so we hit the carousel and then headed home!


 Later that night, Grammie, Pa-Pa, Adam and Megan came over to celebrate Mother's Day.  Sarah and Grammie spent some time quality time playing together!




What a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment