On Thursday night, we met our neighbors, the Talboys, for dinner before taking the girls to Lenexa's own Enchanted Forest. It was cold, so we didn't let Sarah wear her full costume - but she got to wear enough of it to make it fun!
She was excited about the event, even though we really didn't know what to expect. Also (for the sake of full disclosure), I shot most of these photos without flash. I HATE flash. But I also don't have a super expensive lens that lets me open up the aperture to a point where I can shoot clear pictures once it gets dark. Long story short, I'm sorry about all this blur!!! I think you can still tell how much fun she had, though!
The park was decorated with Christmas lights and Halloween inflatables. It really looked nice!
The two ladies who teach music each week at Sarah's daycare were also at the park providing live music. Sarah was thrilled to see Sue and Joan (who she refers to as "Music Class"), and they spotted her in the crowd right away! We stood and listened to them for quite a while before heading off to find some candy...
Sarah got to "trick or treat" at a couple of places within the park. She found this hilarious.
Walking across the bridge is always one of the highlights of any trip to Sar-Ko-Par Park.
There aren't usually inflatable pumpkins at the end of the bridge, though!
Sarah was also completely enamored of KC Wolf, the Chiefs' mascot. She wanted to follow him all through the park and made her daddy pick her up to see him more than once. But she was too terrified to get close to him...
Either way, I think she had a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment