It's that time of year again - time to start thinking about Christmas cards. Ugh! At least we have tons of super cute pictures to choose from this year, thanks to Shannon Lockwood at BabyDayPhotography! I love how she captures moments rather than just taking pictures.
We used our photo shoot to take some pregnancy announcement photos, too, so in case there are any of you out there that didn't know - we're pregnant!
We started off fancy in our Christmas dress...
...and then got a little more comfortable so we could run through the grass and throw stuff into the stream! Our photo location of choice was the Walnut Grove area at Shawnee Mission Park, which is one of my favorite places to go with Sarah. There's a playground, but there's also a huge grove of walnut trees, a stream, and lots of bridges to jump across!
The chalkboard was Shannon's idea. The "big sis" shirt was my idea. The cowboy boots, though, were all Sarah's idea!
I love this one. I've always called this light the Narnia light because it's this great lamppost in the middle of a big wooded area. There aren't any other lights around it, and I'm not sure why the park decided to put a light just there. It has always reminded me of the lamppost Lucy finds in the middle of the wood when she first passes through the wardrobe and into Narnia, though, and it holds a little bit of that magic for me. Silly, I know, but I doubt I'd be surprised it Mr. Tumnus appeared in the woods behind it!
Remember how I said Walnut Grove has a playground? Did you think we'd get through the entire photo session without Sarah having to play on it?!
As we left the park, the sun was setting and Sarah decided to head off on one last adventure through the trees. It's just a baseball field on the other side of this little meadow, but I love the way these photos turned out! I'd love to see the color version of them, too, but when you hire someone to take photos, you don't get to choose which pictures are on the CD you get!!!
By the end of the evening, we were all a little tired, but I think these photos were worth it!

































No comments:
Post a Comment