This year, I wasn't working on the last day of school. It was lovely.
This year, however, was a monumental last day for Sarah - it was her last day at play school with Veronica and Kellie before starting preschool this fall! I cannot say enough about these two wonderful women, both of whom not only helped me feel okay about leaving my baby to go back to work, but who also loved her and taught her in my absence. They taught her how to put on her coat by herself and how to count to twenty. They taught her how to share with others and how to be a good friend. They taught her to love green peppers and tomatoes, and they taught her how to at least try all of the food set in front of her. And they held my hand and offered advice as Sarah grew up in front of the three of us.
Needless to say, there were a few tears as we said our good-byes. I'm just glad that Kate will be taking Sarah's spot at play school next year - I can't imagine taking my daughter anywhere else! We love you, Kellie and Veronica!
As always, here's our first day of school photo and our last day of school photo. She looks so much older to me in the last picture. I can't believe our next school photo will be on her first day of preschool!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment