Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Our Burrito

The weather was amazing on Tuesday with sunshine and highs in the 70s, so we took a trip out to the Overland Park Arboretum (or, as Sarah calls it, Our Burrito).  We had a lot of fun walking the trails and searching for butterflies!


Sarah loved seeing the turtles and carp in the lake!  I didn't love her leaning over the bridge to look at them, but I managed to put aside my fears of having to jump in after her...



We posed for a photo by the waterfall because I have a photo of me in this spot when I was about 3 months pregnant with Sarah!



(Me and Sarah - October, 2010)


 Sarah is REALLY into signs right now, which meant that she demanded that I read the names of most of the trees and plants we passed to her.  She laughed and laughed when I told her that this was a Paw Paw tree and then demanded that I take a picture to show her PaPa!


The highlight of the trip, though, was the time we spent at the Train Garden!  




Sarah LOVED that the trains ran under the sidewalk and bravely ignored all the people walking past her to press her face to the Plexiglas... 


She also loved selling tickets for train rides!


After the Train Garden, we spent some time in the Children's Discovery Garden before heading back to the car. Sarah played in the grass maze...



...and drove trucks on the lawn...




...and played King of the Mountain!







No comments:

Post a Comment