Friday, September 5, 2014

Wit and Wisdom

Sarah has continued to become more and more observant, and her questions are getting harder to answer.  She never fails to amaze me with her insight, so I've jotted down a few of her more brilliant questions/comments/observations about life to record for prosperity!

*************************************************************************

Here are a few of the best of her recent comments:


Anything Sarah enjoys is something she says she "always loves."  For instance: "I always LOVE painting."  She emphasizes the word LOVE, which is super adorable because she says her /l/ sounds like /w/ sounds!


Out of the blue, Sarah asked, "Why are penguins black and white? And why are peoples' heads circles?" (Asked as if these two concepts are clearly related and can be easily answered together.)


Sarah: "Mom, when Kate gets too big, you need to have another baby."
Me: "I don't think there will be any more babies, honey.  Daddy and I think you and Kate have made our family just perfect."
Sarah: "But MOM.  I want a baby brother!  And I want him to grow in Daddy's tummy instead of yours this time so you can keep playing with me!"


Sarah has started using certain phrases a lot recently.  She says "of course" all the time.  The emphasis is always on the second word. (Ex. "Of COURSE I know how to ride horses.")  She also says "I'm okay with..." a lot.  (Ex. "What do you want for dinner, Sarah?" "Um, I'm okay with McDonalds.")  The one that kills me, though, is her use of the word "ages." (Ex. "I haven't played at Gracie's house in ages!")


Sarah went to Burger King with her daddy and came home wearing a crown.  I asked her where she got it and she said, "I got it at dinner.  I wanted it because Miss Sasha's honey has one." (Miss Sasha is her preschool teacher.  Her daughter also happens to be in Sarah's class, and I would imagine that Sasha calls her daughter "honey" at school...)


Sarah (about the car next to us at a stoplight): "Why does that car have stickers on it?  I want stickers on my car when I get big.  They'll be pink and blue and green."
Me: "The stickers will be pink and blue and green, huh?"
Sarah: "No, silly!  I will have one car that is pink, one car that is blue, and one car that is green.  And they will have stickers on them!"


The other day, Sarah wedged herself between the kitchen table and her chair.  She made some dramatic groans and then said, "Now I know how a pancake feels like!"


Sarah loves to go to the pet store and look at the animals.  The other day, I pulled up to PetCo with her and she said, "Mom? I will be delighted if we see puppies at the pet store."


Sarah was brushing Kate's hair and said, "It's soft like a cloud!  But it's not really a cloud.  Because there's lots of clouds, but only one Kate's hair."


 Sarah: "Is Santa coming soon?"
Me: "Pretty soon, baby."
Sarah: "Oh.  I want him to bring me Juggle Bubbles and a chocolate bunny."
(Because a chocolate Easter bunny and "as seen on TV" products are what every three-year-old wants for Christmas...)


We were sitting on the front steps (one of Sarah's favorite things to do) and found a ladybug crawling on the railing by the door.  We were talking about the fact that ladybugs have spots, and Sarah said, "If there's a spot on top of her eye, she will be a pirate ladybug."  (Because a spot on the ladybug's eye would be like an eyepatch???)


"Mom?  (Insert dramatic sigh)  I've never been to China."
(That's right, Sarah.  You've never been to China.  BECAUSE YOU'RE THREE.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment