Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

On Wednesday night, we carved our pumpkin.  Sarah requested that he have "eyes like ours" and "three and a half teeth - because I'm three and a half."  Hmmm.  Interesting ideas.  I tried my best, and this is what we came up with:



Sarah really loved having him lit up on the kitchen table.  She spent most of the night reading books and playing on her iPad at the table with the lights out so she could "sit by Mr. Pumpkin."  It was super cute!

On Friday, all of the Archer girls wore their costumes to school.  Mommy was a cowgirl, Kate was a ladybug, and Sarah was Queen Elsa.  See how regal she is?  An absolute princess, right?


That night, we put on our "real" costumes.  Sarah was one of 5 million girls (and probably more than a few boys!) who dressed up as Queen Elsa. 


 We originally thought it would be fun to have Sarah be Elsa and Kate be Ana, but alas, there were no Princess Ana costumes in a size 6 month to be found anywhere!  I could have been Crafty Mom and made her a costume, but I knew she would need to be able to sit comfortably in the Baby Bjorn for trick-or-treating, and a dress would make that hard (plus, you know, I currently have neither the time nor energy to make a costume!).  And so Kate went as Olaf the Snowman...





Here are the girls together on the front porch before it became uncomfortably cold outside.




For Halloween night, we had some friends and neighbors over for our now-traditional Halloween Tailgate party in our driveway.  Tom made chili, I made some spider cookies, and everyone else provided drinks, cornbread, fruit, chips and dip, and pumpkin cookies.  YUM.


There were, of course, Halloween treats for the neighborhood girls!


We watched some TV, adjusted our crown (a lot) and practiced sitting up while we waited for our friends to arrive.




Soon, everyone arrived dressed in their Disney finest. (We did have one Barbie and one Spiderman, so I guess Disney lost out on THAT money!)

Eliza was Tinkerbell, Leslie was Belle, and Sarah and Grace were both Queen Elsa.  Michael and Kate were both Olaf.  Delany was Barbie, Katie was Snow White, and Kaiden was Spiderman.  They were all adorable...


Everyone ate some dinner and then went outside to play the beanbag game Mr. Mike had made.  Everyone got one piece of candy from the guys regardless, but then they could try to win more candy by throwing the beanbag through the holes in the pumpkin.  The kids all gave it a shot!



Then it was time to trick-or-treat!







Sarah hit about 5 houses and then wanted to eat her candy.  I explained that she couldn't eat candy until she was finished trick-or-treating, and she promptly decided that she was done for the night!  I took Sarah and Kate home while the rest of the group headed up the street (to get more candy, Sarah!). 

Kate fell asleep.  Sarah had some candy.  Then she talked on the phone.  With her sunglasses on.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment