A lot has happened in the last month, and I've been a real slacker about sharing it all with you guys! First, we celebrated Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house. Mom, Dad and Adam were there. Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Barry were there. My cousin Carrie, her husband Josh, and their son, Aiden, were there, too. But the real treat was my Uncle Terry, who was able to come in from Seattle to share the holiday with us! The food was fantastic, it was great to see everyone, and, by the end of the day, I was really thankful for the stretch in my maternity pants!
On November 29, I had another doctor appointment. It was pretty routine and boring, except that I got another sonogram after the doctor had trouble finding the baby's heartbeat over mine! Never one to be upset over an unexpected look at my baby, I was thrilled to see that tiny face again!!! This time, BA was sucking his or her thumb...too bad BA changed positions before the image was captured. You can still see the arm next to his or her cheek, though!
In the world of mommy, I'm feeling lots of kicks and fist jabs these days! I'm going to the bathroom a lot and eating tons of Tums, but other than that I'm feeling great. I'm working hard to find warm clothes that still fit, and I'm happy to report that my coat still zips...as long as I'm standing (I don't want to see what would happen if I tried to sit down with it zipped)! The belly is getting bigger and bigger, and I have no real perception of where I begin and end anymore. They tell me this will get worse before it gets better.
In other mommy news, I traded my 2000 Honda Civic for a 2010 Kia Rondo this week. I'm excited about the new car (let's face it - my Civic didn't have an iPod hook up or 3rd row seating), but it's weird to be driving around in the automotive equivalent of mom jeans! I really like the car, and I'm sure I'll be thrilled to have it once I have to put the baby in a car seat in the back!


No comments:
Post a Comment