Wow. What an amazing year we've had...and we have so much to look forward to in 2011!!
Here's a recap of our December:
We got our first snow on Dec. 12. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make Pickle a very happy pup! As much as she hates to get her princess paws wet when it rains, she just can't get enough of the snow. It's super fun to watch her run out to the deck, stick her entire nose into the snow, and start eating!
I went to the doctor on Dec. 17 because I had noticed a big drop in BA's activity level. She had me go in for a sonogram to make sure everything was okay, and we discovered that BA was upside down and backwards! I hadn't been feeling those little kicks and jabs because they were all directed toward my lower back rather than my stomach. At any rate, it was great to know that things were okay, and we ended up with some great pictures from the sonogram! Look at BA checking out his or her toes!!!
On Dec. 18, Tom and I took the road trip to Paris, MO to see his mom and stepdad. I became very familiar with all of the available reststops along the way this trip! This was the first time we had seen David and Linda since I became pregnant, so it was a lot of fun to get to share the baby bump with them. Linda made us a great lunch, and she was able to start spoiling the baby already - we got a HUGE bag of diapers, baby clothes and blankets for BA's Christmas gift!
We spent Christmas here in Kansas City with my family. On Christmas Eve, my parents and my brother came over to our house for a wonderful meal before we all went to 10:00 church. I'm happy to report that I stayed awake through all of it! :) On Christmas morning, Tom and I exchanged gifts (he's the best gift-giver in the world!) and then went over to my parent's for brunch and our family gift exchange. We ended the day at my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Barry's house with another great meal and some quality family time! It was so much fun to get to play with Baby Aiden this Christmas, and I can't wait until next year when he'll have a cousin to play with!!!
In the week between Christmas and New Year's, we focused on getting the nursery started. Tom and Grandpa Jeff painted it a happy "polliwog" green, and Tom and I managed to set up the crib and changing table in record time! Now we can start figuring out what to put on the walls....
New Year's Eve was pretty tame this year - we went out to dinner with our friends Scott and Melissa and their son, Jack. Then we went over to their house and played Wii. It was wonderful to spend time with them, and it was great not to have to go out this year! Tom and I ended 2010 with sweet memories - this year started with our honeymoon and has ended with the expected arrivial of our baby. I can't wait to see what joy and love 2011 brings us!


No comments:
Post a Comment