Monday, March 7, 2011

The Evolution of a Nursery

Take a deep breath, everyone - the nursery is DONE!!!  We were waiting to call everything "finished" until the laundry chute/death trap in the corner of the room had been fixed, but thanks to Tom's ever-so-talented friend (and overall nice guy) Eric, we're good to go!

Eric came over on Saturday and spent about 5 hours installing a custom-made bookshelf over the laundry chute.  This allowed us to move the access to the laundry chute to the hall AND effectively cover the huge, gaping toddler slide in the corner of the nursery!  I know BA may someday hate that we took away such a potentially fun toy, but I will sleep soundly at night knowing no one can fit through the top of the laundry chute now!  Check out this awesome bookshelf:


Eric also made us some shelves for storage in the nursery.  I had fallen in love with the collector's shelves at Pottery Barn Kids, but being the cheap-o I am, I was unwilling to pay $200 for shelving.  That's more than the crib cost!!!  Eric being Eric, though, was able to whip up some duplicates with the wood he had left over from the bookcase.  What a guy!!!


So, now I can sit in the nursery and breathe deeply.  I am officially nested and ready to go! 
I think....



No comments:

Post a Comment