Whew! What a week!!! First, my amazing friends threw me a shower on Saturday, Feb. 26. We had lots of delicious breakfast foods and cookies (is that a great combination or what?!), and Baby Archer will want for nothing. We got so many fantastic gifts!!! Thanks, guys!
On Sunday, Tom and I went on a marathon death march through Babies R Us to pick up all of the items we were still "missing" from the list of must haves. It was exhausting and frustrating, but we're done! YIPPEE!
Monday, I went to the doctor for my weekly sonogram and check up. This was a special day because my friend Jessica (who is due at the end of March) and my friend Shauna (who is due at the end of June) were at the doctor's office, too! The time goes SO much faster when you have friends to chat with in the waiting room!!!
The sonogram revealed that we're still sitting at the 91%ile and weighing in at around 8 pounds. The baby was practicing breathing, so that's a good sign that we're getting close! There's no dilation yet, but I'm 50% effaced, so BA could be here before we know it!
The other big news was that due to elevated blood pressure and some really hot swelling in my legs and feet, I got to check into the maternity ward at Shawnee Mission Hospital for a few hours last night. My doctor was concerned about preeclampsia, so I got to wear a gown, lay in a bed, have blood drawn, and be on a fetal monitor from about 5:00 until around 8:00. Luckily, when your friend is already at the doctor's office across the street, it's easy for her to come sit with you until your husband gets there! (Thanks, Shauna - you're the best!)
The blood work all came back fine, but they went ahead and put me on bed rest "until further notice." So...no more work for me this week! I go back to the doctor on Thursday afternoon, and then I should find out if I go back to work, remain on bed rest, or have this baby sooner rather than later!!! In the meantime, I can be out of bed/off the sofa for up to 15 minutes each hour and I'm watching a whole heck of a lot of HGTV. Maybe this kid will end up with some mad carpentry skills!
At least we're mostly ready to go with the nursery...
We're also really excited about getting to use the family cradle for our little one! I'd love to know exactly how many Cox cousins have slept in this!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment