November 28 - December 4
We had a pretty slow week this week, which was nice knowing how busy we'll be between now and Christmas!
On Tuesday, Sarah had fun playing with some new toys in the bath. She loves to hit her hands on the surface of the water to make a big slap (and splash!), but now she has started wiggling her legs in the tub to make the water splash around her. It's super cute! She's also a big fan of putting her bath toys in her mouth...
Tom was out Wednesday and Thursday night this week, so Sarah and I got some quality girl time. I also got the chance to enjoy some Indian food - something that Tom doesn't really care much for!
As I sat eating my tikka masala and sharing my naan with Sarah, I thought about my Aunt Anita. When I was in 2nd grade, my dad and I flew to New York over Spring Break to visit her. She took us to an Indian restaurant, which I'm sure I would have loved - if I had been older or had been exposed to more ethnic food! (Kansas City in the 1980's was hardly a hotbed of ethnic cuisines.) As it was, my dad loved every minute of it but I, with my picky 7-year-old palate, ate only the naan. Maybe I can avoid the "I only eat chicken nuggets" phase if I start Sarah early on a variety of foods? And thanks, Anita, for not holding my food snobery against me for the rest of my life!
Me and my Aunt Anita in New York City, March 1983
And speaking of food snobery (or the complete lack thereof), Pickle got the gift of a lifetime on Sunday! We finished a jar of peanut butter and decided to let her clean it out for us. She's been so good with Sarah that I think she deserves that and more! Good dog, Pickle!
And yes, her claws need to be trimmed. That's Tom's job, so I'm sure he'll get to it at some point!
***Update! Tom trimmed Pickle's nails that very night. Way to go, Tom!***
Also on Sunday, we had our Christmas pictures taken. Sarah was really cooperative, and I can't wait to see the cuteness that Shannon always captures! It was fun to see Union Station all decorated for Christmas, and we had the place almost entirely to ourselves. It's one of my favorite places in Kansas City, so I really enjoyed having Sarah there with me. I'm not sure she appreciated the architecture or history of the building yet, but she looked around for the train every time she heard the whistle blow!
When we got home, I was feeling like I should do a better job of getting pictures of her with OUR tree...
We changed into some more comfy clothes before sitting in front of a nice, cozy fire while Daddy watched football and Mommy made some cookies for her book club Christmas party. All in all, it was a fun little Sunday in December!


No comments:
Post a Comment