February 20 - February 26
On Monday, Sarah and I had the day off. What did we do with our time, you ask? Go to the zoo? Spend some time playing with toys or reading some books? Have a play date with friends? If you guessed that we did any of these, you have sadly guessed wrong. Sarah and I spent our day at the doctor's office!
I took Sarah back to the doctor because I had a feeling her ear infection wasn't quite gone. It turned out that her left ear was clear, but her right ear was still infected. So, we switched to a stronger antibiotic, and I thought we were good to go! But that's when the doctor recommended breathing treatments to help Sarah with a cough she's had with these ear infections.
If you've never given a breathing treatment to someone who can't reason, I invite you to try it sometime. It's a good physical workout, and it tests the limits of your emotional strength as well! There's no explaining that you're doing this to help them, and you just have to hope that there's no real emotional scarring taking place...
From Monday morning through Sunday night, my poor monkey had to have 3 breathing treatments a day. This mostly took place on our family room floor, where I sat with Sarah between my legs so I could hold her down while keeping a mask on her face for 15 minutes at a stretch. She screamed because I was holding her down, she had a mask over her face, and there was a loud machine running right next to her head. I WANTED to scream because I had to do all of this to her (and also because we played Baby Einstein videos during the treatments to try to distract her). In the end, though, the treatments worked and she's much better now!
On a happier note, Sarah also turned 11 months old this week! On Tuesday, we celebrated her last "month" benchmark - next month we'll have to start counting in years!
Otherwise, we had a nice, easy week of recovery. I've been on antibiotics since Monday for a sinus infection, Sarah's been on antibiotics for two weeks for her ear infections, and Tom started antibiotics on Saturday for an ear infection of his own! There were lots of naps and not so much running around this week...although Sarah did practice walking for longer and longer distances! She can make it all the way across our family room now and will even stop to clap for herself when she feels she deserves some recognition for her hard work!
As she started to feel better, Sarah's appetite also returned. Here she is chowing down on an avocado - she ate an entire half in one setting!
On Saturday, Sarah put on her best MU gear to help Daddy cheer on the Tigers as they played KU. Unfortunately, MU lost to those pesky Jayhawks by one point in overtime. At least we got some cute pictures of her in her outfit!
Her favorite pastime lately has been "going through the gate," usually followed by "sitting on the stairs." She loves to open and close the gate - it's the most fun if you slam it shut!
Here are some pictures of her spending the afternoon sitting on the steps. I'm not sure why she likes it so much, but it sure makes her happy!
Sarah also tried whole milk for the first time this weekend. We're starting to transition her off the bottle and to the sippy cup more and more, so on Sunday morning, we put some milk in her cup. She drank it right up!
Yummy! :)
I'm also throwing this one in just because I love it...


No comments:
Post a Comment