I watch a lot of HGTV. I never actually do anything with the design tips they provide, but I really like to look at the way designers combine patterns and textures, and I LOVE to see how they create new furniture or storage using non-traditional materials.
This weekend, I got to experiment with that myself! Grandpa Jeff got some wooden pallets from work, and the two of us started to build Sarah a playhouse. (I say "started" because it quickly became obvious that this would be a two-weekend project!) Here is a look at our version of "Sarah's House" (which happens to be one of my favorite HGTV shows!)...
Sarah's favorite part of the playhouse so far has been the shingles. She walked across them probably 40 times during the day!
She was also helpful and made sure that Grandpa hadn't accidentally misplaced any thing he might need to build the playhouse...like a box of nails...
...or a tape measure...
...or a stuffed horse to supervise the build!
Poor Sarah was working on a pretty fierce cold all day, but she held up great.
By the end of the day, Sarah was heading toward some quality cuddle time.
And the playhouse will be completed soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment