This weekend was gorgeous, and we got to spend a lot of time outside! On Saturday morning, Grammie, Sarah and I went to the Overland Park Fall Festival. Sarah loved listening to the music and she didn't even complain that we didn't buy her anything!
We played at home on Saturday afternoon, which ended up causing Sarah's first trip to the Children's Mercy urgent care! As I was setting Sarah down from a piggy back ride, she started crying and holding her left arm. And then she wouldn't move it. Not to clap, not to take off her shoes, not to have a snack, and not to play with my phone. Something was wrong, and I knew it. So off to Children's Mercy we went...and she started lifting her arm and running around almost the instant we set foot in the office. Seriously. She miraculously fixed herself in the car. Recessive medical genius genes? Hopefully! More likely a case of Nursemaid's Elbow that she somehow self-reduced? Definitely.
Needless to say, we took it pretty easy on Sunday! Tom took Sarah to the store in the morning while Grandpa Jeff and I worked on finishing up her playhouse. Sarah has been talking lots more lately, and on Sunday she started calling Grandpa "Papa." On the same day, she started saying "Bye-bye" when she waves, and by Sunday afternoon, she was saying "choo-choo" when we asked what a train says! (I think the field trip that she and Daddy took to the train park may have prompted that one.)
At any rate, she now has a great new playhouse...or she will once we cut out the windows and make a door and paint it and build her a bench...
No comments:
Post a Comment