Recently, Sarah has developed a new after school routine. I pick her up from daycare and drive her home. As soon as we pull into the garage, she starts swinging her legs and laughing as she yells, "Mommy's car! Mommy's car!" at the top of her lungs! Then I unhook her from her carseat and she scrambles into the driver's seat where she "drives" my car for at least 15 minutes every afternoon. She likes to turn the steering wheel and she really likes to turn on my hazard lights. When she really wants to pretend to be Mommy, though, she grabs my travel mug and pretends to drink my coffee, too!
On this particular afternoon, Sarah grabbed my mug and wouldn't let go...
What a ham!
At one point, she walked over into the leaves that had fallen into our shade garden. She plowed into them like she really liked them! And then she did this:
I guess she didn't like the leaves in the yard after all, because once she stopped crying, she went to play on the deck. Notice how she STILL has not put down the coffee mug!
Sarah must think that I have to take my coffee mug everywhere, because she loaded her her baby into the trunk of the Cozy Coupe and then got really upset that there wasn't room for the mug!
We managed to resolve the issue with minimal repacking, and Sarah was glad to have her hand free since she was driving carpool today...
No comments:
Post a Comment