I had plans for this summer. I was going to paint our bigger bedroom and move Sarah into her "big girl room." She was going to get a "big girl bed" with her new room, and I was going to make it super special for her so she'd love to sleep in it!
As usual, Sarah had other plans. On Christmas day, she learned that she could climb out of her crib. So, on the day after Christmas, we turned her crib into a toddler bed. It isn't as special as I had planned and it certainly isn't in her very own big girl room, but it will have to do! I made her a little duvet cover and got her a little pillow, so I think it turned out okay given the circumstances. She's been sleeping really well in it at night, but naps are a whole different story...
Here it is, ready to be presented to Sarah! Cute, huh?
Here it is after Sarah deconstructed it (I guess she doesn't care that I worked all night to make her bedding from a Target clearance sheet set!)...
She does enjoy lounging in it, though, and will sometimes just go up to her room, sit on the bed and read (or play Angry Birds on my Kindle)!
And when she gets tired of her bed, she's not above sitting in Mommy and Daddy's bed! She likes to be covered up with one (or both!) of her parents laying down next to her. She has definite ideas about what we should be doing at all times! "Sleepy, Daddy!" isn't an observation - it's an order!!!
***Update***
If anyone has tips on keeping a 21-month-old in their bed through nap, please share! Sarah has managed to migrate to the floor multiple times and even napped in her rocking chair the other day!
Probably not very comfortable, but pretty funny...

No comments:
Post a Comment