Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9606

My parents moved into 9606 when I was two years old.  They have lived there for 35 years.  In that time, we have made a million memories in that house.  On Sept. 11, however, we said good-bye to that house as my parents (finally) moved. 
 
We posed for one last family photo on the front steps.
 
 
I took pictures of the sweet gum tree, which has always been referred to as "my" tree.  Supposedly I picked it out when I was little.  I have no memory of that, but I certainly do love this tree!  Unfortunately, I think the next door neighbors HATE the tree (or at least the balls that it drops) and will pay the new owners handsomely to remove it.
 
 
Pa-Pa, who has always delighted in annoying the neighbors (who really aren't very nice people) with the gum balls, posed with a handful of the offensive things.
 
 
Sarah enjoyed running through the empty house and hiding in the closets.  She went for one last run through the backyard.
 
 
 
 
I documented the lovely kitchen tiles - just in case I ever need a recipe for salad dressing!
 
 
 
 
 
Then Grammie shared some dinner with Sarah on the steps before we said goodbye to 9606.
 
 
I will miss that house, but I will carry the memories that were made there with me forever.  I wish my mom and dad all the best in their new house, and I can't wait to start making new memories there!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment