On Saturday, Tom had to be in Omaha for a friend's wedding. Sarah and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to check out Kansas City's Sea Life Aquarium!
Our first stop was the shoaling room. Sarah was mesmerized!
Eventually, we moved into the rest of the aquarium. We started with freshwater lakes and streams, where Sarah and I discussed just how weird catfish look.
Next, we visited the shoreline area. Sarah was fascinated by the lobster. I did not tell her how delicious they taste!
From there, it was on to the touch pools! At first, Sarah wasn't sure about sticking her hand into the water to touch starfish and anemones, but once I did it, she was willing to go along with it!
Then we continued our journey through the larger ocean exhibits.
We stopped to admire the jellyfish for a while. Sarah's comment was, "Mommy! They change colors!"
Then we went to check out some turtles. Sarah had a great time playing with the eggs and "hatching" like a turtle!
The next exhibit was Sarah's favorite stop of the day! There was a perfectly Sarah-sized tunnel through a large tank. She's really into tunnels right now, so we spent a lot of time here!
Eventually we moved on to the stingray pool.
After the stingrays we checked out some seahorses, and then we ended our visit with a trip to the Sea Life play area. Sarah's getting braver about climbing and playing on the big playgrounds, and this was no exception! She really had a blast, and I practically had to drag her out of there!
I think all in all, the aquarium was a hit. I'm sure we'll be back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment