THREE MONTHS PREGNANT
The Survey
How far along? 12 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 5 lbs. Hmmm. That has to be all baby, right?
Maternity clothes? Yoga pants and Jeggings still fit (ask me about Jeggings sometime, Baby #2 - you'll be SO impressed I walked around wearing such fashion while I was pregnant with you!), but nothing with buttons still buttons. I made the move to maternity jeans about 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back! Most of my larger shirts and sweaters still fit, but I'm not sure how much longer those will work, either!
Stretch marks? No new ones yet.
Sleep? Poor Tom. Most nights I fall asleep while I'm sitting in bed waiting for Sarah to fall asleep. This means I'm passing out between 8:30-9:00. PA. THET. IC.
Best moment this month? During my 1st trimester screening, I got an extended sonogram. It was so fantastic to see that little face! Baby's hands were up by his/her head, and her/his little feet were crossed at the ankle. Baby also jumped around like a little Mexican jumping bean the whole time! I don't know if Baby had the hiccups or was just jumpy (my doctor said "They just do that!"), but I really loved spending so much time watching my little one.
Miss anything? I miss getting dressed without having to try on 4 outfits before I find something that doesn't look completely unflattering!
Movement? I haven't felt anything, but if that sonogram is any indication of things to come, I know I'll be feeling A LOT of movement soon!
Food cravings? I'm still not really in the mood to eat much of anything. Apple Jacks have been my favortie treat recently. I also had a huge cup of hot chocolate the other day, and it was delicious! I see more of that in my future, especially since it's getting cold now...
Anything making you queasy or sick? I started taking Zofran to help with the nasuea, and it's really made a difference for me. I'm feeling better now that I'm moving into my second trimester, though, and haven't had to take it for a while.
Gender predictions? I'm going to document my guess as "GIRL," but we should know for sure in a couple of weeks! Who knew that the genetic screening of the 1st trimester tests could tell us the gender of our little bean?!?
Labor signs? Not a one. :)
Symptoms? Increasing belly, the beginnings of heartburn, and drier skin...
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? I would say I'm happy most of the time. I cry more easily, but usually at stupid stuff like commericals or kids' books. I know there's no reason to be crying, but I'm also powerless to stop it! I bawled like a baby when Tom and I went to see "Gravity" and Sandra Bulock started talking about losing her daughter (who happened to have messy brown hair because she hated to have it brushed, was missing a red shoe, AND was named Sarah - it was really unfairly stacked against me!).
Looking forward to: The second trimester! This was a great time for me when I was pregnant with Sarah. I wasn't tired any more and was starting to "grow into" my pregnancy. I felt good and was excited about being pregnant. I'm hopeful that I have that same experience this time around!
Thoughts: I love the feeling that we are "completing" our family with this baby. My friend Katie once told me "You'll know if you need another kid when you sit at the dinner table and feel like someone is missing." I totally understand that now, and I feel like our family will be whole now. I can't wait to watch Sarah transition into the role of big sister, and I'm not at all nervous about loving Baby 2 as much as I love Sarah. I know it will be different for all of us, but I also know it will make us the family we were meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment