Recently, Sarah has started telling tales and speaking with great authority on a wide variety of topics. It's pretty funny, really, how serious she is! Her daddy has been out of town for business for the past few days and, when she asked where he was, I told her he had to take an airplane to visit Albuquerque for a few days. She looked right at me and said, "Oh. I went to Al-ker-key, too. Pa-Pa took me." Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I would remember if Pa-Pa had taken her to Albuquerque!
Since I'm a single mom right now, I'm in charge of dropping her off at daycare (Sarah would say that I'm not dropping her off, I'm "dropping her down"). This isn't something I usually do because it means I get to work with mere seconds to spare, so it's been an interesting few days. This morning, though, Sarah got up at 5:45, and we were ready to go by 6:50. I decided to take advantage of the extra time and threw her in the car for a special treat - doughnuts before school! Sarah loved driving to get doughnuts in the dark, and who wouldn't love sprinkles and chocolate frosting at 7 am?!
While we were eating, Sarah and I chatted. We were talking about the penguins that will be coming to the zoo soon, and Sarah gave me some very good advice. Here is what she told me:
"Penguins are soft. You can pet them. But unicorns are bumpy. They can hurt your hand, so you should be careful when you touch them."
Well! I guess I learned something today! Maybe I'll take her for early morning sweets more often, especially if she keeps sharing pearls of wisdom like this with me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment