This summer we moved Sarah into her Big Girl Room. It was bittersweet for me - I was excited for her to make this big step, but I was a tiny bit heartbroken that she is growing up so fast! Luckily, she still wants Mommy and Daddy to read to her and cuddle with her at bedtime. The other night I was laying in her bed with her (which we didn't get to do when she was in the toddler bed!), and she wrapped her arms around my neck, gave me a big hug, and planted a wet kiss on my head. Then she whispered, "I love you, Mommy. You're my best friend." I think I really love this Big Girl Room...
I also had a lot of fun planning the room! As Tom will tell you, paint swatches are one of my favorite things in the world. I eventually settled on "Gray Owl," which is a lovely shade of light gray with green and blue highlights. It's warm and soothing, and it really makes her white furniture pop!
Remember these monstrosities?
This is how they look when painted white!
The comforter is actually a beautiful coral, it just looks really red in these photos! All in all, I'm in love with this room. I just hope Sarah loves it as much as I do!
That is beautiful.
ReplyDelete