Saturday, December 21, 2013

Five Months Pregnant

FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT
The Survey
How far along? 21 Weeks

Total weight gain? Up seven pounds total.  Not too shabby, considering that we had Thanksgiving and a tremendous amount of pre-Christmas cookies in there!

Maternity clothes? Oh, yes.  Some of the belly-panel pants are still too big for me, but I am out of non-maternity pants that fit.  There are a few non-maternity shirts and sweaters I can still pull off, but I'm running out of those pretty quickly, too!

Stretch marks?  Nope.  I doubt it will be long now, though!

Sleep? Now that I'm well into my second trimester, I'm sleeping pretty well.  I'm still fighting the heartburn, but that's calming down with help from some medication, too. :)

Best moment this month? Feeling Little Bit move for the first time!  I'd forgotten what an amazing feeling that is, but I'm happy to say that she's flipping and kicking and headbutting up a storm in there!

Miss anything? Nothing specific.  I miss being able to just pull clothes out of the closet in the morning - I have to try on several outfits before finding things that fit "right" these days... 

Movement?  Yuppers! This little girl is every bit as active as her sister was, and she bumps around all day in there!  I just smile to myself and tell her "hello" when she starts to kick up a storm - I love that little reminder that she's there! 

Food cravings?  Not really.  I crave salty stuff (mostly potato chips) from time to time, but there isn't really anything that I just *have* to have.  

Anything making you queasy or sick? We made beef and broccoli for dinner the other night.  I couldn't eat it because it just didn't taste right to me.  I don't know why - Tom and Sarah both ate it without complaint! 

Gender predictions? It's a girl!

Labor signs? No, thank goodness!

Symptoms?  Belly bulging, heartburn, and all those little kicks...

Wedding ring on or off? On, but sometimes it's a struggle to get it on in the morning!

Happy or moody? Most happy.  I cried for no reason the other night (sorry, Tom!).  Those hormones really mess with a girl...

Looking forward to: Sharing Christmas with my whole family.  It really feels like we're a "complete" family now, and I love feeling like Little Bit is with us as we enjoy time together.  It just makes me happy to sit with my hand on my belly and include her in everything! 

Thoughts:  I'm trying to enjoy every bit of this pregnancy as I know it will be my last.  With Sarah, everything was novel and new.  This time, I'm savoring the little moments - even the yucky ones! - and trying to remember the joy of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment