Everybody talks about the terrible twos, and trust me when I say I understand the true definition of this phrase. What no one really talks about, though, is the funny, funny stuff that makes total sense to a two-year-old and absolutely no one else!
Here are some funny things Sarah does at the moment:
When she's sad because I show Tom something on my phone but I don't show her (or some other strange reason!), she doesn't demand to see it - she'll just go lay face-down in the corner of our dining room until someone comes to ask her what is wrong.
When she tells people that we saw a movie, she says we went to the "movie player."
She refers to tater tots as teeter-totters.
She has started to apply logic to her demands. For instance, the other day she said to me, "It's nice outside today, so I don't need a coat. We should go on a walk." (For the record, we went for a walk but she had to wear her coat - it wasn't THAT warm!)
Sarah has also started to name her baby dolls. The names change frequently, but the one that has stuck the longest is Cowlish. I have no idea where that came from, but her poor baby is stuck with it!
Sarah has also started to name her baby dolls. The names change frequently, but the one that has stuck the longest is Cowlish. I have no idea where that came from, but her poor baby is stuck with it!
Cowlish, along with many of her stuffed animals, sometimes acts out and will "hit" Sarah. When this happens, she talks to them about how we don't hit, and then she makes them sit on the stairs until they are ready to be safe with their friends.
These same friends will often push her out of bed at night or cause other toys to fall out of bed. If I am called into her bedroom to pick up a toy after lights out, it's always Ellie's fault for pushing them out of the bed.
Sarah is becoming more and more aware of what is happening in the environment around her. The other morning, we all went out for brunch. Halfway through her pancake, Sarah's head popped up and she started looking around the restaurant. Then she said, "Hey! That song is on in Daddy's car!" Apparently, Daddy plays a lot of Katie Perry in his car (I'm sure just for Sarah's benefit and not due to his own music preferences...)
No comments:
Post a Comment