SEVEN MONTHS PREGNANT
The Survey
How far along? 30 Weeks. Tomorrow will be day one of week 31, and I'll be down to single digits in terms of how many weeks I have left. Eeek!!!
Total weight gain? Holding steady at +6 total (there was some up and down due to the diabetic diet, but I've been pretty consistent over the last three weeks).
Maternity clothes? Yes. The same maternity clothes. Over and over and over. But I refuse to spend money on something that I will only need for 2 months, tops!
Stretch marks? I'm starting to see some light/shiny stretching across the top of my belly, but nothing I would call stretch marks at this point. Cross your fingers that this trend continues...
Sleep? Some nights I sleep fine, but most nights I'm dealing with heartburn, frequent trips to the bathroom, and some fantastic Charley horses in my calves. Tom bought a new mattress on Monday, so I'm trying to adjust to that, too!
Best moment this month? Sarah appears to be in love with this baby. Just recently she has started kissing my tummy all the time, which just melts me! She is always telling me what she wants to do with Baby when she's here: "When Baby comes out of your tummy, I'll share my milk with her." "When Baby is here, I'll push her on the swings." "When Baby is out of your tummy, I want to help her take a tubby." So adorable!
Miss anything? I miss being able to get off the sofa without working at it. I miss being able to bend over to help Sarah put on her shoes and socks. I really miss Dr. Pepper. I really, really miss Starbucks mochas with cinnamon dolce syrup...
Movement? The frantic flurries of movement have slowed down as the poor little cricket runs out of space, but she's certainly still making her presence known! I had my first "foot in the ribs" earlier this month, and the kicks and punches are now stronger than ever.
Food cravings? Nope. Most boring pregnancy story ever, right?
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really! Food doesn't sound good to me, but it's not disgusting to me, either. I'm just never "in the mood" for anything in particular. Poor Tom asks me all the time what I want to do for dinner, and my answer is always, "I don't care. What sounds good to you?"
Gender predictions? It's a girl!
Labor signs? No, but I'm starting to prepare. We hired a doula this month, which calmed me down considerably. My doctor is still on board with me trying for a VBAC, and I was apprehensive about needing a coach to get me through that. (Tom's a great cheerleader, but he knows even less about having babies than I do!) I know that a C-section is a definite possibility, too, though, and I wanted someone there who could advocate for me in that scenario, too. It's really important to me that I get to hold and nurse my baby as soon as possible, and I feel like a doula can help facilitate that. Plus, I just really like Ali!
Symptoms? A huge belly that wiggles and bounces when my little bit is active, heartburn, and increasingly frequent trips to the bathroom!
Wedding ring on or off? On. It really hasn't been an issue yet, but we have a couple months to go...
Happy or moody? Happy. And tired. Yup. Happy and tired.
Looking forward to: All the other babies that will be born around the same time as my kiddo! Three of the gals I work with are pregnant (one is due just a week after me, one is due in June, and one is due in July). My friend, Sandra, is due with twin boys this summer, too. My neighbor, Shiloh, is due at the end of August., my cousin, Lizzie, is also due at the end of August, and my friend, Ann Marie, is due at the beginning of September! BABIES!!!
Thoughts: I'm a little panicked about how little time I have left! Ten weeks still felt like forever, but everything less than that seems like this baby could be here any minute! I'm trying to remember everything that I need to do before she comes, but I know I'm going to forget something obvious. She has a crib. She has diapers and wipes. She has clothes. She has a carrier/car seat. I'm going to assume that those things (along with my ability to feed her) will get us through and anything else we may need I can grab on the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment