Tuesday, May 13, 2014

1 Week Old

May 7 - May 13

Most of this week was spent cuddling with my baby and admiring her as she slept in my arms.  When I DID bring myself to put her down, I was amazed at how tiny she actually is!  


She had her second visit to the pediatrician this week, though, and we're told she's actually growing.  She weighed 8 lb, 9 oz (60%ile), was 20.8" long (75%ile), and had a head circumference of 14.4" (90%ile).  That last one is her dad's fault.

Kate's big accomplishment for this week was getting her first piece of mail addressed just to her, courtesy of the fine folks at the Social Security offices!


Other big events for Kate this week included going for her first walk in the neighborhood (I am LOVING the double stroller), sleeping for a 4 hour stretch (during the night even!), having her first dinner out (we met the Potters at The Other Place), and losing her umbilical cord!

Kate also celebrated her first Mother's Day with me, which is when I came to the sad realization that, as much as I may want to, I'm just not as good at taking lots of pictures of her as I was with her sister at this age.  Sorry, Kate.  It looks like I will be just as bad at documenting your milestones as everyone said I would be with the second child.  Feel free to hold it against me later in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment