We were lucky enough to get another week of beautiful weather this week! On Thursday, we met up with the Umscheid clan for a field trip to the zoo. It was a little different than our usual trips to the zoo, though. We only saw a few animals and spent the majority of our time on riding things - carousels, trains, trams, and the Sky Safari! This was a first for Kate, but also for me and Sarah!
On Saturday, we took our summer trip to Paris to see Grandma Linda and Grandpa David. This was Kate's first trip to Paris, and it was the first time that she met her daddy's family! It was great to see them get to play with Kate. She was very well behaved and smiled and cooed with everyone she met!
Before we left, we took a family photo. Notice how Sarah, Tom, and Grandma Linda all share the same grimace/smile? Maybe Kate will get lucky and not inherit that particular trait!
The poor girl was exhausted after the trip, though! She actually slept NINE HOURS that night!
Grandma Linda has this picture of Sarah hanging on her family room wall:
She requested a picture of Kate in the same outfit, so on Monday, we took some pictures for Grandma! Of course, Sarah was only 3 weeks old when I took her picture in the ducky outfit. Kate is obviously older than that, but I'm surprised at how different they really look!
This was as close as I could get to the same shot for her:
I did get some other cute pictures in the process, though!
On Monday, it also happened to be 95 degrees outside. Summer actually felt like, well, summer! After our little photo shoot, we escaped the heat by going bowling. Kate didn't participate, but I'm sure she was cheering for Sarah and not for me...
Sarah repaid the favor by teaching Kate how to be a princess.
Kate, I just hope some of those princess dresses are still around for you when you want to wear them - Sarah won't take them off right now!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment