Every night, part of Sarah's bedtime routine is asking me to "dream" about something. This involves me closing my eyes and narrating a pretend "dream" to her.
Some nights she tells me to dream about something we did that day, like going to the park or taking a walk. Some nights she asks me to dream about preschool (a real challenge for me, since I really have no idea what they did that day!) or spending time with friends or family. Most nights, though, Sarah asks me to dream about the circus. I have no idea how this became important to her, but I'm not kidding when I say I dream about the circus 3-4 nights a week!
Naturally, when I found out the circus was coming to Kansas City, I knew I would have to take her. After all, if I'm going to have to dream about something, she (and I!) should have a good understanding of what happens at the circus!
So I put aside my personal feelings about the circus (Poor elephants!) and got tickets for us and our friends, Grace and Miss Monica.
I couldn't bring my camera in, so please excuse the cell phone camera quality of these pictures. Regardless of the graininess, the joy and wonder on the faces of Sarah and Grace are pretty precious...
We saw performing elephants, horses, poodles, rabbits and tigers. We saw tightrope walkers, trapeze artists, clowns, and a girl who was shot out of a cannon. We saw things I don't even have the words to describe...
Sarah also had a great day in terms of special treats! She got a snow cone in a souvenir elephant cup, her first-ever soft pretzel, and a spinning, light-up elephant-topped wand to twirl during the show. Not a bad day for a three-year-old!













No comments:
Post a Comment