The first half of the school year is officially over, and the verdict is in - Sarah LOVES preschool! This quarter, Sarah got to go on her first-ever school field trip. At the beginning of October, the Frog Class visited Deanna Rose Farmstead. They spent the rest of the week learning all about farm animals, but all Sarah could talk about was riding with all of her friends in the big school van!
Here are some photos Miss Sasha took of the kids on their field trip:
From left to right: Colin, Rory, Vivian, EJ, Ashley, Landon, Sarah, Brooke and Faelyn.
The Frog Class also learned about lots of seasons and holidays this quarter! In October, they learned about apples, bats and owls, and pumpkins.
They peeled apples. Then they got to eat apple pie. YUM!
This October, the Frog Class also celebrated the Royals playing in the World Series!

...and learned all about pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving!
Sarah got to hang in a tepee with Rory...
...and sail on the Mayflower. (This one appears to have required considerable use of imagination!)
They also got to spend a lot of time playing indoors because it was so stinking cold this November!
Here they are making a "person train" in the gym:
Sarah is pretending to fish and wearing...um...something on her head!
Apparently, the kids frequently make a "bus" for all of the kids to ride on, during indoor recess...
I'm so happy with Sarah's growth both academically and socially, and I'm so, so glad that she really enjoys going to school! I can't wait to see what exciting things she learns about this spring!
They peeled apples. Then they got to eat apple pie. YUM!
Sarah loved this pumpkin play dough! She kept asking if we could make some at home. I just told her I didn't have the recipe, and she dropped it - about three weeks later!
This October, the Frog Class also celebrated the Royals playing in the World Series!
Sarah (who has never actually been to a Royals game), cashed in on Royals Fever during our October Donut Date. Once a month or so, on the days I don't have to be at school by 7:45, I take Sarah to Casey's for a donut before dropping her off at preschool. Most of the time she gets a flower-shaped pull apart donut and a strawberry milk. In October, though, she got a strawberry milk and a Royals cookie for breakfast! I mean, if the Royals don't make it to the World Series again for another 30 years, she SHOULD take advantage of this opportunity, right?
In November, the Frog Class learned about fall, turkeys and Thanksgiving. They made lots of fall crafts...

...and learned all about pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving!
Sarah got to hang in a tepee with Rory...
...and sail on the Mayflower. (This one appears to have required considerable use of imagination!)
They also got to spend a lot of time playing indoors because it was so stinking cold this November!
Here they are making a "person train" in the gym:
Sarah is pretending to fish and wearing...um...something on her head!
Apparently, the kids frequently make a "bus" for all of the kids to ride on, during indoor recess...
In December, the kids learned about Christmas.
They did lots of Christmas-related centers, including making Christmas play dough. Again, Sarah loved it. Again, she asked repeatedly if we could make some at home. Again, I just told her I didn't have the recipe...
They read lots of stories, learned all about The Nutcracker, watched some Christmas specials, and learned all about the story Jesus' birth.
They also apparently pretended to drive a sleigh on a pretty regular basis during playtime...
I'm so happy with Sarah's growth both academically and socially, and I'm so, so glad that she really enjoys going to school! I can't wait to see what exciting things she learns about this spring!






























No comments:
Post a Comment