Friday, May 22, 2015

The Froggie Room

When they returned to preschool in January, the kids in Sarah's class spent a week learning all about The Gingerbread Man.  Sarah loved retelling the story at home, and it looks like she had fun with the center activities that went with the story, too!


The following week, the Froggies learned all about snow.  Ironically (while it was in the low 20s on Tuesday), the week ended with highs in the 60s!  At least the kids seemed to enjoy some snow-based activities in the classroom...


The kiddos rounded out January by learning all about numbers, and then started February off with a bang by studying Groundhogs Day and shadows.

The next week, the kids learned about Valentines Day. Sarah LOVED this week because centers included a pretend flower shop and a pretend candy shop!  She also seemed to really like the scented flowers Miss Sasha brought in (although you can't tell from this photo), and she kept talking about how they "smelled good like footballs."  Hmmm.  Interesting comparison, my dear!


The kids also made hearts to decorate a "love tree" at school - Sarah was super proud that her heart was the one "in the hole" of the tree!


After Valentine's Day, the kids spent a week learning about shapes.  I told her, "You already know a lot about circles, triangles and squares, kiddo."  She told me, "Yeah, but I don't know everything about ovals."  Silly me!

In March, the Froggies learned about lions and lambs, Easter, and then had several weeks of learning about letters. Each week featured the first letter of the kids' first names, so it took 5 weeks to get through them all! Luckily, there are a few kids who share the same first letter...

April was spend learning all about Earth Day and then focusing on wild animals and pets. Sarah loved learning about the animals and has decided that we need a cat at our house! 

May flew by in a rush of flowers, weather and rainbows, and before we knew it, school was over for the year! I can hardly believe that Sarah only has one year left before Kindergarten, but I feel like Grace Childcare has done an amazing job of helping her be ready for that big day. We're so blessed to have found a preschool that engages and supports Sarah in so many ways. She loves going to school every day, too, which is something I appreciate more than I could ever imagine!

I know Sarah will miss her friends when she stays home with me this summer, but I will treasure our time together!  See you in August, Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment