Tonight I wanted to go to the Hokulia Shave Ice truck something fierce. I don't really like snow cones, but shave ice is a totally different story! I'd been craving it since it had gotten warmer, and I was determined that we would get there or know the reason why.
Unfortunately, the weather gods had different plans for me tonight! I was POURING after dinner. Not one to give up on dessert plans easily, I loaded the whole family into the car in the hopes that it would stop raining by the time we got there. It, of course, did not.
In an emergency, the Dairy Queen across the street from the shave ice truck did the trick. (Don't think I've forgotten about the shave ice, though!) Kate got to have her first ever ice cream cone, and I think she wasn't missing the shave ice at all!







No comments:
Post a Comment