Saturday, April 23, 2016

Teddy's 1st Birthday

Somehow, Teddy is one. I have no idea how or when that happened, but I guess we'll go with it! (I still don't approve of it, though...)

On Saturday, Uncle Adam and Aunt Megan hosted a party at their house. The weather was beautiful, and everyone loved playing outside in the sunshine!

How old are you, Teddy? Oh. That's right. You're ONE!


Look at this handsome boy!


Kate spent some time with her daddy...


...and Teddy spent some time with his!


Then the girls discovered that there was watermelon. I'm pretty sure the they ate half a watermelon between the two of them!




Grammie helped Sarah make a paper bag puppet. (And, no - that is NOT Sarah's beer in front of her!)


Then it was time for presents! Teddy was as uninterested as most one-year-olds, but Megan and Adam did a great job of opening gifts!




After presents, we went inside for cake. Teddy was less excited about sugar than any kid I've ever seen. It was pretty funny!


In fact, he almost cried when given cake!


Mom helped him blow out candles...


...then he really dug in! (By which I mean, he had NO interest in eating this cake!)


His mom tried to feed him.


His dad tried to feed him.


But the best was when his Grandpa Bill gave him his first bite of ice cream!


After the trauma of dessert, we went back outside to play for a bit. I took advantage of the sugar comas to take some pictures of the girls.






Then I took a few of the cousins!







I tried to get a few of just Teddy.


And then Sarah said, "Would you like a few of just me, too?" How could I say no?!?



I think Teddy may take after his daddy. Poor Aunt Megan!



Happy birthday, Teddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment