I am so proud of my baby! I know Pre-K graduation isn't exactly a huge milestone, but tonight, Sarah shined in a way I didn't know she could.
For the last few months, Sarah has been talking about being in a play at her school. I expected a quick little something with the teachers whispering lines to the kiddos from a chair in front of the group. Boy, was I surprised when the kids acted out the entire book "I'm Gonna Like Me" by Jamie Lee Curtis!
Sarah even got to walk across the stage with a sign at the beginning of the show...
Sarah had two lines (although, to be honest, I think she had the whole show memorized - she kept telling me everyone's lines as we laid in bed at night!).
Her first line was:
"I'm gonna like me when I'm called on to stand, I know all of my letters like the back of my hand!"
Sarah's second line was:
"I'm gonna like me when I make a mistake, like taking the candles on Dad's birthday cake!" (Then she took the 3 off and left the 5. Because, you know, she's five. Too bad Dad's 40, not 35!)
At the end, the whole class stood up and said, "I'm gonna like me, and I already do. I'm gonna like me, now how about YOU?"
Then they all danced and sang a little song. It was super cute!
After the play, the kids all got to shake hands with Miss Diana (preschool director)...
Then Miss Sasha, who has been Sarah's AMAZING teacher for two years, handed her a graduation certificate!
I think Sarah was pretty proud of herself, too!
I really can't say enough amazing things about Grace Childcare Center. Sasha, Diana, and all the amazing staff Sarah has interacted with in the last two years have helped her become such a confident, happy little learner. I know she's ready for Kindergarten - the question now is, am I?!








No comments:
Post a Comment