Sunday, September 9, 2012

Foxy Lady

This past week, I've been slowly working on a new dress for Sarah.  I say slowly because I've had to do a LOT of "fixing" on this one!  It's my own fault for trying to follow a pattern I printed off the internet, but the example looked so cute and I thought it would all be so easy!  And then I discovered that the back was about 3 inches smaller than the front...
 
At any rate, I finally finished hand-stitching a tiny fox on the front of the dress today, so Sarah got to model it for me!  I quickly realized that it was really more of a tunic-length than a dress-length, so I whipped up some leggings to cover that diaper!  It turned out pretty cute, I think.
 







 
Luckily, Sarah had a reason to be all dressed up tonight!  We celebrated Grammie's birthday (a little late) with brats and pink lemonade cake.  It was a beautiful night to sit out on the deck, and Grammie had a blast teaching Sarah how to "shuffle, step, ball change."  I think tap lessons may be in our future...
 

 
She was trying it on her own in no time!

 
Once she got tired of dancing, Sarah had Grandpa help buckle Puppy into the stroller for a few wild rides around the deck.  I'm not sure that stroller meets all of the safety codes, but Puppy lived to tell his tale!
 


 
Then it was time to help Grammie open her gifts!  Sarah may have thought the tissue paper was Kleenex...
 

 
Sarah had one more bite of cheesy corn, and then it was cake time!


 
 
Happy Birthday, Grammie!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment