Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring???

I use three question marks behind the word "spring" to show that I continue to be uncertain as to whether or not it is actually going to happen this year.  Winter just refuses to go away!  The high on May 2 was 41 degrees.  The HIGH!!!  And, of course, this was the year I decided to plant a garden.  It will be a small miracle if any of the plants survive and produce fruits/vegetables for us!  I covered what I could and then cut the flowers that were already blooming so I could enjoy them inside at least.  Don't they look lovely against the dusting of SNOW that we got? (That's right - I said snow.  Did I mention that it was May 2?!?)


In true Kansas fashion, however, the temperatures were back into the 70s by Tuesday!  Sarah and I celebrated by taking a trip to my favorite place in Shawnee Mission Park - Walnut Grove.  I enjoyed listening to the birds and sitting in the sun by the creek, and Sarah enjoyed throwing leaves and dandelions into the water and watching them rush away on the current.


She also really enjoyed destroying all the "white dandelions" she could find!  Sarah developed several different approaches to getting all of those seeds to float away.  She shook some away...


...she tried to blow some away...


 ...and she even kicked some away!


The little monkey even sat still for a couple of pictures with Mommy.  Sort of!





No comments:

Post a Comment