Tonight we took Sarah to her first-ever sporting event - a Sporting KC game! We would have had a great time either way, but it was even more special because Uncle Adam and Aunt Megan were there to share the experience with us.
I let Sarah take an extra long nap before staying up until 10:00 for the soccer game.
Once she got up, we put on our best Sporting KC gear and got ready for the game!
Game time!!!
I thought Sarah might have fun with a tattoo for her face. I'm glad I got the removable kind, because she immediately peeled it off and lost it!
She had a lot of fun hanging out on Daddy's lap, though!
And when that got boring, she tickled Megan's head!
Pay back!
Oh, yeah! And also they won the game! Go, Sporting KC!!!
At the end of the night, I asked Sarah what her favorite part of the evening had been. I fully expected her to say it had been the bus ride (shuttle) to and from the game. She surprised me by saying, "The pink man." It took me a minute, and then I realized that the goalie was in all pink that night! Who knew she would pay that much attention to what was happening on the field?
My favorite part of the evening, though, was the rainbow that appeared over the stadium after a short downpour just after the game had started. What a special first game for Sarah!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment