I have developed a bit of a fear that I will neglect our second child in ways I never expected. For instance, my mother never filled out my brother's baby book because she was too busy with two kids running around. Will I do that? I hope not. Will I do everything that I did for Sarah? Probably not. I'm coming to grips with that reality, but I'm also trying to find a way to make things new and different for our second pregnancy. What I've decided to do is a month-by-month pregnancy update on the blog! See? Sarah didn't get that. I'm already rocking this two-kid thing...
Each month (because - let's face it - each week is way too much!), I'll answer the same series of questions and post a photo of my ever-expanding belly. Or at least a photo in which I am featured. Because it's hard to take cute belly photos when you have a pretty good sized food baby in there to start with. :)
So, with no further ado, I present to you...
TWO MONTHS PREGNANT
The Survey
How far along? 8 Weeks
Total weight gain? Up 3 lbs. YIKES. This is especially disturbing because I have been off food for the last 3 weeks.
Maternity clothes? I'm still in my normal clothes, but anything with buttons needs to be unbuttoned and supported by the Belly Band. Jeesh. I think I started showing about 30 seconds after I got pregnant this time. Yoga pants are my best friend.
Stretch marks? Just the remainders of the beauties that Sarah gifted me. I'm sure new ones are coming, though.
Sleep? I am definitely tired. And Sarah is definitely not concerned by my exhaustion. I am sleeping fine between waking up with Sarah and needing to use the bathroom, though! (Tom is sleeping GREAT, if anyone is wondering...)
Best moment this month? Hearing and seeing that tiny heartbeat for the first time!!! Also getting to share the news with everyone and Sarah really understanding that there is a baby on the way.
Miss anything? I'd love to have a beer now and then, but it's nothing I can't live without. My caffeine ween has been harder than anything, and I am craving pumpkin spice lattes. Mmmm. Pumpkin...
Movement? I certainly haven't felt anything yet!
Food cravings? It's really hit or miss. It totally depends on how queasy I'm feeling! I really wanted tacos one night. Another night I wanted meatballs and red sauce. Fried foods and carbs sound best to me when I'm feeling yucky, though.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Yes. Everything. All day. I'm usually pretty good in the morning, but then things head south the later into the day we go. By dinnertime I usually feel pretty gross and don't really want to eat anything. By bedtime, I just want to lay in the bed and not move at all!
Gender predictions? Sarah is telling everyone there's a "sister" in my tummy. I don't have a gut feeling either way, but I'll support Sarah in her choice!
Labor signs? No, thank goodness! I will say that the stretching along the incision line from my C-section has been interesting, though...
Symptoms? General nasea and queasiness, increasing throughout the day. Aversion to all foods after 5 pm. Overall poofiness of belly area and gradual tightening of waistbands. Constant thirst and (as a direct result) constant trips to the bathroom. More easily winded on nightly neighborhood walks.
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or moody? Overall, I'm pretty happy. I tear up at stupid things, though. Thanks, extra hormones!
Looking forward to: Everything! I know this is the last time I'll do this, so I'm trying to savor every moment of this pregnancy. Also, I know what to expect now, so it's not nearly as overwhelming as my first pregnancy. I am NOT looking forward to the early gestational diabetes screening (occurring next month) or the extra testing that comes with my "AMA" (advanced maternal age), but I'm going to do everything I can to keep me and Thing 2 happy and safe for the next 7 months!
Thoughts: It's weird how different this pregnancy has been for me. With Sarah, I was crazy tired but rarely nauseous. I'm not so tired this time around, but I'm definitely sicker than I was with Sarah! Also, I walked around thinking about Sarah all the time and was totally obsessed with being pregnant. This time, I often forget that I'm pregnant and have to really focus on taking time to "connect" with this baby. It's not that I don't feel the same amazing, overwhelming love and joy that I felt when I was pregnant with Sarah - it's that I have lots of extra distractions/stress in my life right now that I didn't have pre-Sarah! I think it's this feeling of "neglect" that I'm dealing with that lead me to decide to do these blog entries. Sorry, Baby #2...
9/22/13 - 8 weeks pregnant

No comments:
Post a Comment