Saturday, September 21, 2013

Two and a Half

Dear Sarah,
 
Holy cow.  Two and a half?!  Really???  When did this happen?  My grandma used to say that she was going to put a brick on my head to keep me from growing anymore.  I have to say that I now understand and support that idea more than ever! 
 

You are such a big girl now, always eager to show off your increasing independence.  Here are a few of the things you say and do right now that I want to remember forever and always...
 
You call noodles "you-dles" and taxis "task-keys." 
 
You like to watch Peppa Pig and Bubble Guppies.  You call Bubble Guppies "Bugga Buggies," and you are picking up some adorable British mannerisms from Peppa Pig.  When we ask you a question, you often reply "of course."  ("Would you like some carrots for snack?"  "Of course.")
Also, all of your questions are just statements that begin with "please." ("Please I can have more milky?")
 
For unknown reasons, you call the hay bales in the field of a nearby business park "bumblebees."  When we drive past them, you want me to roll up our windows so the bumblebees won't get in the car. 
 
You are very into baby dolls right now.  You have a sleeping baby (its eyes are always closed) and you call it your "sad baby." The awake baby (baby with its eyes open) is your "happy baby."
 
You can walk like a champ in tiny plastic high-heeled shoes and are very into dress up.

When you're wearing street clothes, you are in mostly larger 2T clothes and some smaller 3T clothes. You wear a size 9 shoe, which is insane. 

Your favorite shoes right now are a pair of pink Crocs (little plastic clogs).  You call them your "clack-clack shoes" because of the noise they make when  you walk.

You are almost totally potty-trained at this point, and you very rarely have accidents.  You still wear pull-ups at night, but they are often dry in the morning.
 
You love, love, love raspberries and have been known to eat a whole pint at one sitting. You also like to eat at "Chica-flay" (Chick-fil-a).
 
You tell us when you're sad ("I'm still crying."), and then tell us what you need to make it better ("Milky will make me happy.").
 
You want a bandaid for every little bumb or bruise you have.  You prefer K-State bandaids, but you will settle for a Hello Kitty or Dora bandaid.
 
Anything that happened in the past happened "yesterday."  You might say, "Yesterday I went to the pool," when really it was two weeks ago.  Sometimes you'll say, "Yesterday I had cereal at breakfast," when it was really this morning! 
 
You have an AMAZING memory and will bust out facts from time to time that just amaze me and your daddy.  Sometimes you'll see a cow and say, "That cow is like Aubrey!" (the cow we milked two months ago at the Shatto Farm tour).  We gave Aunt Megan some candy dots for her birthday and, when you saw them, you said, "I ate those with Megan and Adam at the soccer game." (Which you did.  Back in June.) 

You are also super excited to be a big sister.  You talk about your "sister" all the time, and sometimes you'll ask if you can hold your sister.  When I give you the go-ahead, you come over, lift up my shirt, and "grab" the baby from my tummy.  It's super cute.  I'm a little afraid of how you'll react if this baby turns out to be a boy, though!

Every night, I have the joy of tucking you in and kissing you good-night.  Nothing makes me happier than hearing you say, "Love you too!"  I do so love you, Sarah Jane.  You are my favorite-ist Sarah in the whole wide world.  Now please stop growing up so fast...

Love, Mommy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment