So, I finally spent the night away from Sarah. And we both survived. In fact, I think Sarah did more than survive - I think she had a blast while I was gone!
I spent Dec 5-7 in Washington D.C. for an NEA conference. Sarah spent those three days being spoiled by everyone in her life (except Mom!).
On Thursday night, Tom let Sarah play in the "snow" we got Wednesday night when she got home from school. Then he took her on a drive through the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.
On Friday, Sarah got to stay late at daycare for Date Night. While Tom and I obviously didn't get to enjoy a date, Sarah had a blast wearing her jammies, eating dinner and watching a movie with her friends! I'm guessing Tom didn't hate the extra daycare help that night, either.
Here she is Friday morning - I think Tom wanted to prove to me that he remembered to send her to school in her jammies!
Here she is Friday morning - I think Tom wanted to prove to me that he remembered to send her to school in her jammies!
On Saturday, Sarah and Tom spent some time with Grammie and PaPa. Saturday was apparently Watch TV Pantless Day. Hmmm. Those jammies look like the same ones she wore all day Friday. Think she slept in them Friday night, too? She's pretty close to that TV, too!
Saturday was also See Santa at Sprint Day, so Sarah got one more chance to be brave and sit on Santa's lap. Apparently, all it took was me not being there for her to climb up there and give Santa a big old hug!
Saturday was also See Santa at Sprint Day, so Sarah got one more chance to be brave and sit on Santa's lap. Apparently, all it took was me not being there for her to climb up there and give Santa a big old hug!
Grammie also bought Sarah a huge sucker, so her morning was pretty much awesome!
I'm sure the sugar helped, but this girl is a riot!
Sarah ended her Saturday with another first - an outing with JUST Grammie and PaPa! They installed the car seat in their car (Sarah is still talking about riding in PaPa's car) and took her to the Bass Pro Shop so Daddy could sit at home and watch the MU game uninterrupted. She loved riding on the carousal and watching the waterfall, and I'm sure Tom enjoyed some more free time! Maybe next time Grammie and PaPa take her, I can be home to enjoy it, too (hint, hint!)...


No comments:
Post a Comment