On Saturday, we celebrated Sarah's birthday with a small party for family and friends. This year's birthday theme was "Sarah's Circus." It seemed fitting since she has such a love affair with her elephants, but it really all resulted from a conversation I had with her about a month ago. I asked her what she would like to do for a birthday party this year and, after a few seconds of thinking about it, she replied, "I want a cake...and corn dogs." Well, how do you incorporate corn dogs into a birthday without doing a carnival/circus theme?!
We spent the morning getting ready for the party, and by mid-afternoon, Sarah was ready to party! We got dressed in our birthday best and then went outside to blow some bubbles while we waited for our guests to arrive.
Sarah blew some bubbles on her own...
...and then she let Daddy blow them so she could chase them! She talks to the bubbles as she grabs for them ("I'm gonna getcha, little boy!"), which is really, really funny to me.
When Grammie and PaPa arrived with Mrs. O'Hagan and the cake, we went inside to make sure everything was ready for the party. It was!
We had bottles of water and a jug of pink lemonade...
...clowns with sucker noses, five kinds of candy, and corn dogs...
...and an amazing birthday cake! Isn't it the cutest?!
We started the party by playing with friends and enjoying some snacks. Mmmm...corn dogs!
And then it was time for singing and cake! Have I pointed out how adorable this cake is? I mean, really...
Look at how excited she is! And we hadn't even lit the candles yet!!!
Uncle Adam solved that problem for us.
Then Sarah giggled with joy as we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her!
Sarah ate a slice of cake (and by "ate a slice of cake" I mean "she scraped the frosting off a slice of cake and ate that but left the cake")...
...and then it was time for presents!
Sarah got some awesome gifts - everything from Play-Doh to hiking boots to toys from the movie Frozen. She got dinosaur slippers, wooden birthday cupcakes, cute clothes, and a giant purple sheep. She may be too young to recognize how lucky she is to have such a loving group of friends and family, but her mommy and daddy certainly know and appreciate how lucky we are!
Happy birthday, Sarah Jane!

No comments:
Post a Comment